Une personne du Conseil de l’Europe nous a envoyé cet appel pour le 3 novembre. Je mets ça là au cas où ça intéresserait quelqu’un.e de proposer un talk !
Dear friends from youth organisations,
I am pleased to inform you that the call for participants for the seminar « Artificial Intelligence and its impact on Young People » is now open.
The Youth Department of the Council of Europe is organising this seminar to explore the issues, role and possible contributions of the youth sector to ensure that artificial intelligence (AI) is responsibly used in democratic societies and that young people have a say about matters that concern their present and future. It will take place from 4-6 December 2019 at the European Youth Centre in Strasbourg.
The seminar sets out to discover and analyse different situations, possibilities and experiences in the youth sector of engaging with AI by discussing various approaches and understandings of AI, its impact on young people and the role of the youth sector in working with it. The seminar’s programme will be set up to allow the participants to put together their experience and knowledge in proposing answers to the following questions:
- What are the impacts of AI on young people and how can young people benefit from it?
- How can the youth sector make use of the capacities of AI to enhance the potential of youth work and youth policy provisions for the benefit of young people?
- How to inform and “educate” young people about the potential benefits and risks of AI, notably in relation to young people’s human rights and democratic participation and the need to involve all young people in the process?
- How does AI influence young people’s access to rights?
- What should the youth sector of the Council of Europe, through all its various instruments and partners, do about AI in the future?
All interested candidates are invited to apply online. I would kindly ask you to further share this call for participant to any interested experts representing the various stakeholders in youth policy and youth work.
The deadline for submitting applications is 3 November 2019, at noon, Central European Time. For more information please consult the Call for participants for the seminar.